Inaugural National K-12 Cybersecurity Education Conference (2015)
Inaugural National K-12 Cybersecurity Education Conference – in partnership with the 13th Annual C3 Conference: Cyberethics, Cybersafety and Cybersecurity
Top 10 Reasons to Attend or Send Your Staff:
Two content packed days devoted specifically to providing research-based resources and strategies for promoting proper behavior in the areas of cyberethics, safety and security and promoting students awareness of the plethora of career options in the cybersecurity field.
- Thought-provoking presentations connecting cyberawareness with cybersecurity and promoting pathways to a career in cyber.
- A chance to hear firsthand from students; their thoughts on the use of technology, how they like to be informed, what is of most concern to their age group, and what they like/dislike about the field of cybersecurity.
- A chance to meet with a broad range of cyberethics, safety, and security curriculum providers who are available to answer questions, provide demos, and hear your input.
- A chance to meet with a broad range of K-12 cybersecurity curriculum providers who will share successful programs and strategies.
- Practical hands-on sessions with multiple perspectives on a wide range of topics including cyberawareness best security practices for students, integration of cybersecurity content into the core curriculum, formal CTE pathways, connection between cybersecurity content and existing K-12 standards, successful competitions, informal programs, and much more.
- Participatory sessions that allow you to drill down further on topics such as: strategies to recruit girls and other minorities, articulation agreements, internship options, pathways to careers and higher education options, and the importance of cyberawareness for students.
- A chance to see first-hand cutting edge interactive games/environments that promote responsible behavior and help prepare students for a career in cybersecurity.
- A chance to learn about the many FREE state-of-the-art online and hard copy resources.
- A plethora of resources, goodies, and end-of-the-day prizes.
- Priceless networking opportunities with some of the most knowledgeable educators, internet safety curriculum developers, researchers and policy makers in the world of cyberawareness and K-12 cybersecurity education.